Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 304 cont...

...had more margin notes and underlines... :-)


My heart was so heavy from the little I posted previously for day 304...reflecting upon how completely inadequate I am...how much the world wants to impose and infiltrate.  How easily I capitulate.  O Lord strengthen us, we your people, for the daily battles.  Help us to arm ourselves with what You have provided.


Which brought this passage to mind:
2Co 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?


and while searching found this one as well:
Psa 26:2  Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. 


Especially as I reflect on the passage where our Lord has divided between the sheep and the goats...and admonishes both with how they treated their fellow travelers (regardless of destination).


Those that were:
Hungry (G3938 - famish, crave)
Thirsty (G1372 - thirst)
Aliens (stranger) (G3581 - foreign, alien, guest, entertainer)
Naked (G1131 - nude)
Sick (G770 - feeble)
Imprisoned (G5438 - guarded)


How miserably I fail at any of these...and then the thought, is this solely and specifically physical?  Spiritual?  Both?


I can 'see' both... :-)  and so begins another search.


Mat 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.


Psa 42:1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.


Eph 2:12  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:


Isa 61:10  I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.


Eph 4:8  Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.


Regardless of whether or not this is only a physical manifestation or spiritual or a combination thereof, as I have meditated upon these verses I find that I am woefully inadequate to being commended by my Lord for having done any.  Does that mean I run out and attempt to 'do' the works?  I think not...but it has most definitely given me an area where I am obviously in need of confession to HIM, prayer and seeking HIM going forward.


I am very thankful that HIS mercies are new every day.  :-)


The apostles had indignation (greatly afflicted) and murmured (snort with anger, blame, sign with chagrin) against the woman who anointed Him.


Yet our Lord commended her actions and even gives her a perpetual memorial.  O that our hearts were as diligent to desire such a commendation from our Lord.  I am reminded again and again how our works will be tried as if by fire, and what will remain?  Will all that we have done this side of glory be wood, hay and stubble?  Will it be gold, silver, precious stones?  Or will only the foundation of Jesus Christ be what remains?



Judas covenanted (Matthew 26:15 - G2476 - to stand) or promised (Mark 14:11 - G1861 - engage) or covenanted (Luke 22:5 - G4934 - place jointly, consent) to betray Christ to the chief priests.  Until I looked up those 3 words, I assumed that the word covenanted in Matthew and Mark were the same.


...and the last passage which touched my heart:
John 12:42-43  Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. 


Lord, examine my heart, show me where I am more focused on the things or the praise of this world more than I am on You.  Examine Your bride, cleanse her and give her a hearts desire to be cleansed from the entanglement with the world - to wash her garments - to come out of her and be holy - to be ready to meet you at a moments notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment