Thursday, July 26, 2012

Awakening

This, beloved, is what it looks like when the Father draws a man to the Son:
  1. It’s not the quality of the man’s understanding.
  2. It’s not the quality of the man’s works.
  3. It is the power of the Father to draw men unto the Son by the power of His Word.
  4. The man wakes up and is convinced he understands the world and reality.
  5. Men are men.
  6. Bread is bread.
  7. Blood is blood.
  8. Then, suddenly, out of the blue, the Word of God comes like a mighty conqueror.
  9. It pierces the heart of men.
  10. It wakes them up.
  11. The world that seemed rightside up is now upside down.
  12. The Savior who seems a rejected and despised failure is seen for what He truly is.
  13. O, may you know the power of the saving hand of the Father to draw you to the Son.
  14. May you fall down at His feet and cry: “I don’t understand it all but I’ve come to believe you are the Holy One sent from God. You alone have the words of eternal life. Save me! May I feed on your flesh. May I drink your blood. Give me the spiritual nourishment I have been lacking as I have been stumbling blindly through this world.” 
  15. Such a request, the Son is delighted to grant.
  16. He will lay hold of you with such a strong Hand that none can pluck you out.
~Author Unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment