Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 310

*~*~*~Note*~*~*~Someone complimented me on my diligence to share my journey - if I did not properly give GOD all the credit, let me do so now.  It is ONLY by HIS sustaining power and guidance that I do this...solely to glorify HIM and encourage the saints to be IN THE WORD.


You may think that you could not do what I am doing...but the Lord may have other plans for your time in the Word - sharing in another fashion, perhaps?  Journaling your discoveries?  Sharing with children and/or grandchildren?  Friends?  Who can you encourage today to be spending time daily to be nourished in the Word?


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
J. Crucifixion Day (Preparation Day) - cont.
11. Second three hours on the cross, darkness (noon - 3 p.m.) - Matthew 27:45-50; Mark 15:33-37; Luke 23:44-46; John 19:28-37
12. Phenomenal happenings - Matthew 27:51-56; Mark 15:38-41; Luke 23:47-49
13. Burial of the body - Matthew 27:57-61; Mark 15:42-47; Luke 23:50-56; John 19:38-42
K. Day after crucifixion (Sabbath day), watch at the sepulchre and sealing of stone - Matthew 27:62-66
L. Resurrection (first day)
1. Women visit the tomb - Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1
2. Stone rolled away - Matthew 28:2-4
3. Message of Angels - Matthew 28:5-8; Mark 16:2-8; Luke 24:1-8; John 20:1
4. Report to apostles, Peter/John Return - Luke 24:9-12; John 20:2-10
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I have a lot that captured my attention as I read today - so much - I am grateful for Father and HIS providence in allowing me not only the time to read and research and savor HIS word, but the ability to do so in a country that does yet persecute us for our faith.


When I say does not yet, this is a two fold thought for me.  We are 'free' to worship openly in our cities with little if any persecution that our brothers and sisters in 'closed' countries are subjected to DAILY.  Yet - I firmly believe that the wickedness of man will continue to escalate in this country, to the point that we MAY be forced underground.  I pray that we would be as steadfast and determined to stand for HIM just as others in the Bride do so today.


Hide HIS word in Your heart - diligently, with much thought and perseverance store up HIS treasures within Your heart and mind.


:-) Onward - I was reflecting on the websites I shared with yesterday's reading - and the comment about how difficult it was to speak for someone hanging on a cross.  (If you have not availed yourself of the opportunity to read the medical 'diagnosis' of Jesus' crucifixion, I earnestly encourage you to do so.)


Phrases uttered by our Lord (by book):
Matthew:
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (27:45)
He cried with a loud voice (Matthew does not specify what HE said) (27:50)


Mark:
"Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is, being interpreted, "My God, my god, why hast thou forsaken me?" (15:34)
He cried with a loud voice (Mark does not specify what HE said) (15:37)


Luke:
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (23:34)
"Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise." (23:43)
"Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit:" (23:46) 


John:
"Woman, behold thy son!" (19:26)
"Behold thy mother!" (19:27)
"I thirst." (19:28)
"It is finished:" (19:30)


I think the article I read indicated 6 statements by Jesus - if you combine the woman behold thy son and behold thy mother as one, then it would appear to be 6 - otherwise it is 7.  Completeness.  If I remember correctly the article stated that only in exhaling could a statement be made - of about 4 words - which would seem to indicate that the phrase in John 19:26 and 27 were 2 separate statements.


How it appears to have unfolded:
1. Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.
2. Verily, I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
3. Woman, behold thy son!
4. Behold thy mother!
5. I thirst.
6. My God, my god, why hast thou forsaken me? 
7. It is finished/cried with a loud voice/Father into thy hands I commend my spirit.


Obviously each witness had his perspective on what was unfolding based on the relationship with the Lord - and this order may not be correct - it is simply my perception.  I am touched (as a MOM) that Jesus, struggling to breathe, used His precious words to ensure that HIS mother was provided and taken care of - how awesome is that thought?


I have LOTS more to share - but not enough TIME to add more - and I am sure this post is quite lengthy by now.  I will leave you with "To Be Continued..."

No comments:

Post a Comment