Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 149-11

IX - The Reign of Solomon - 985-945 B.C. ~ cont.
C. Solomon's fame and downfall (17 years) ~ cont.
4. Proverbs ~ cont.
d. Second selection of Solomon's proverbs added later ~ cont.
(3) Other maxims - Proverbs 27:1-27; 28:1-28; 29:1-26
e. Agur speaks of nature - Proverbs 30:1-32
5. Solomon's backsliding
a. Heart turned away by heathen wives - 1 Kings 11:1-13

A few verses which either soothe my soul, rebuke and/or encourage me.  :-D


Pro 27:11  My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me. 

Pro 27:12  A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished. 

Pro 28:9  He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. 

Pro 28:19  He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that followeth after vain persons shall have poverty enough. 

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.  (Proverbs 30:5-6)

Ouch...a reminder that I should take care what I speak for or about God.  O Lord, help me to be a better representative (ambassador) of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment