Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 148-11

IX - The Reign of Solomon - 985-945 B.C. ~ cont.
C. Solomon's fame and downfall (17 years) ~ cont.
4. Proverbs ~ cont.
c. Sayings of wise men - Proverbs 22:17-28; 23:1-35; 24:1-34
d. Second selection of Solomon's proverbs added later
(1) Wise conduct - Proverbs 25:1-28
(2) Other sins - Proverbs 26:1-28

It just dawned on me that I have forgotten to post the ending page numbers on previous posts...I think I will give up the page numbering information.  :-D

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.  (Proverbs 25:2)

Which made me think of the verse that says we are kings.

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.  (Revelation 1:6)

I enjoy that Father gives us the desire to seek and know Him more intimately.  A never ending quest to discover the unlimited characteristics and attributes of the Sovereign.  He is a good and gracious Father.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. (Psalm 34:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment