Sunday, March 24, 2013

Days 81 to 83 - 2010

Originally posted in a forum in 2010 - this post may contain links which are no longer valid, if you find a non-working link, please let me know and I will attempt to find a replacement or make a correction as necessary.


*~*~*~*~*~*
Days 81-83

Israel's first sabbatical year ~ Judah's portion ~ Joseph's portion (Ephraim and 1/2 of Manasseh) ~ Tabernacle at Shiloh ~ Remaining Tribes ~ Benjamin ~ Simeon ~ Zebulun ~ Issachar ~ Asher ~ Naphtali ~ Dan ~ Joshua's portion ~ Portions set aside, cities of refuge ~ Cities of the Levites.

I pray that all are being blessed by reading Father's Word daily - either chronological, or some other format. Besides studying inductively, there is no greater delight that reading and knowing HIM and HIS story (history). I marvel at how little I know about the saints of old, those with whom we will spend eternity worshipping our Lord and Savior together.

May the manifold blessings of our Father be upon each of you and your households.

Okay - I have a problem with some of the placement of the text in the past 2 days...specifically where Judges 2 is placed in relation to Joshua 23 and 24. I will place the headings with scripture reference and if anyone has suggestions/ideas about why it was sequenced in this format, please share.

The Lord's Faithfulness Fulfilled (Josh 21:43-45)

2 1/2 Tribes sent to their homes, east of the Jordan (Joshua 22:1-34)

*Establishment of judges (Judges 2:16-19)

*1st Judge - Othniel - 1st Apostasy and Servitude (Mesopotamia) - (Judges 3:5-8)

*Othniel Delivers (he served 40 years) - (Judges 3:9-10)

Chronological Notation: Birth of Boaz (son of Salmon/Rahab)

Chronological Notation: 1st Jubilee Year

**Joshua's Farewell - (Joshua 23:1-24:28, Judges 2:6-7)

**Death of Joshua - 110 years (Joshua 24:29-31, Judges 2:8-9)

Joseph's bones buried (wow, can you imagine carrying around someone's bones for 40+ years?!?!) - (Joshua 24:32)

Incomplete victories - Judah (Jerusalem plundered first time) - (Judges 1:1:19)

Benjamin (Judges 1:22-26)

Other tribes (Judges 1:27- 35)

_~_~_~_ Okay here is why I have a problem with the placement:

Jos 24:31 And Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that overlived Joshua, and which had known all the works of the LORD, that he had done for Israel.

Jdg 2:7 And the people served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of the LORD, that he did for Israel.

If Israel served the Lord all the days of Joshua and the elders, how can Judges 2 (time wise) be before Joshua dies?

I sat and analyzed it and tried to figure out where it (*) should be alternately be placed.

On another note I thought it interesting that Joshua used a rock as a witness for having 'heard' all that the Israelites said "...The Lord our God will we serve and his voice will we obey." Josh 24:24.

How often do I affirm that I am going to do exactly what Father has told me to do...and then fail.

I was looking for a different scripture - but this one seemed appropriate:

Psa 25:7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

and this one

Psa 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;

and this one

Psa 66:20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

and

Psa 86:5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

There are 261 verses with the word mercy in them...and I can not locate the verse I was pondering upon...that His mercies are new every day. Which I finally found...

Lam 3:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

Lam 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Thank God! Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment