Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 79 - 2010

Originally posted in a forum in 2010 - this post may contain links which are no longer valid, if you find a non-working link, please let me know and I will attempt to find a replacement or make a correction as necessary.


*~*~*~*~*~*




Day 79

Gibeonites (Hivites) spared - treacherous lies used to deceive the Israelites. They failed to ask... (Josh 9:14) ...where or what in my life have I failed to seek Father over/about?

Pondering -
Jos 9:24 And they answered Joshua, and said, Because it was certainly told thy servants, how that the LORD thy God commanded his servant Moses to give you all the land, and to destroy all the inhabitants of the land from before you, therefore we were sore afraid of our lives because of you, and have done this thing.

What about God do others know because of us? Especially that HE fights for HIS people.

Southern campaign - Gibeon's long day - Gibeonites call for Israel to help them in battle against 5 kings. The Lord threw down great stones from heaven and those who died by hailstones were more than those who died by the sword. Joshua, in the sight of Israel, asks the Lord to make the sun stand still. A whole extra day - that is a long time to fight.

The phrase(s) - fear not, be strong and of good courage are repeated again and again. God said it to Joshua and he repeats it to the people.

Other victories - Makkedah, Libnah, Lachish, Gezer, Eglon, Hebron, and Debir all destroyed - none left remaining. (All cities in Palestine)

Northern campaign - Hazor, Madon, Shimron, Achshaph, and Mizpeh - none left alive.

Israel's enemies were as numerous as the sand upon the seashore...and God delivered them. I need to remember this when I am under attack...My God, in whom I trust, will deliver me. He is faithful, just and true. I need to FEAR NOT, BE STRONG and of GOOD COURAGE.

Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment