Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 67 - 2010


Originally posted in a forum in 2010 - this post may contain links which are no longer valid, if you find a non-working link, please let me know and I will attempt to find a replacement or make a correction as necessary.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Day 67

Results of obedience and disobedience - Love the Lord your God - Deut 11:1 - this phrase is found 17x in Deut. In the gospel of Mark the same phrase is recorded.

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

With the totality of our beings we are to love Him. Lord, I fall short of this goal daily, my flesh wants its own way, help me to be fully surrendered to You and Your plans. Help me to reflect a love for you that radiates from all that I say, do or think.

Instructions for holy conduct - punishment of the wicked. Prophets who falsely prophesy are given the death penalty. Hmmm, how many 'prophets' of this day would speak less if that were the case. Lord, let Your true mouthpieces speak forth, boldly Your words.

Separation expected - to be set apart the Hebrews were not to eat or partake of certain animals, birds, fish and insects. How set apart are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment