Sunday, March 3, 2013

Days 60 through 62 - 2010


Originally posted in a forum in 2010 - this post may contain links which are no longer valid, if you find a non-working link, please let me know and I will attempt to find a replacement or make a correction as necessary.


*~*~*~*~*~*


Days 60-62 - How is everyone doing? Do not feel like you are behind! If you stopped reading - start again!

Balak seeks to curse Israel; calls on Baalam. Baalam speaks to God and gets instruction. I find this interesting...Baalam is able to prophesy the Word of the Lord, yet ultimately ends up giving counsel to Balak on how to entangle the Israelites in sin (using women to seduce them). How many people give the appearance of being godly, yet are false?

The Israelites knew they were not to intermarry with those of the land - one being even so bold as to bring the Midianitish woman into the assembly. Eleazar was bold to stand for the Lord and slay the man and the woman. How bold am I to stand for the Lord? Especially when the culture (and worse, the church) goes against the Word of God? Having done all to stand, stand therefore...

Second numbering of people - NONE of those who went out of Egypt that were twenty (20) years and up remained. A whole generation gone. I have pondered the age of 20 - God counted those who were 19 and younger as not accountable. Our nation and culture say 18 is when someone becomes an adult...hmmmm.

Inheritance law reviewed, clarified for those without sons. Passover celebrated. Feast of Trumpets and Tabernacles.

I have never counted the number of animal sacrifices which were to be given, but this year the number required for Tabernacles caught my attention. I am still amazed that I am amazed at how much I did not see in previous years. This delights my soul in looking forward to the final tabernacling I will have with my Lord and Savior. It will never get old - there will ALWAYS be something new to learn about HIM.

Each day of the feast the # of bullocks decreases until the 7th day there are 7 bullocks. While there are other animals offered each day as well, I found it interesting that fact interesting.

Laws about vows - a woman under submission to her father or husband can make a vow, but it can be disallowed if the father or husband do not agree. Widowed and divorced women have to stand to their vow. As a divorced woman this is, not frightening, but should make me very cautious about my commitments to the Lord.

Thank you Father for Your Word. Lord, let it continually be a delight to my soul and for my fellow brethren. Lord, let every day be a new and deeper discovery of Your awesome provision and protection. Bless those who labor in the Word...let Your Word be magnified in and through Your body this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment