Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 115 ~ 2010

Originally posted in a forum in 2010 - this post may contain links which are no longer valid, if you find a non-working link, please let me know and I will attempt to find a replacement or make a correction as necessary.


*~*~*~*~*~*

Day 115

Song of Deliverance - 2 Samuel 22:1-51

Psalm 18

Psalm 144

David and Mephibosheth - 2 Samuel 9:1-13

The song of deliverance in 2 Samuel is very similar to Psalm 18...I paused over verses 49 in 2 Samuel and 48 in Psalm 18.

2 Samuel 22:49 - And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.

Psalm 18:48 - He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.

I enjoyed the commentary of Gill on this particular passage...

Psa 18:48 He delivereth me from mine enemies,.... From Saul and his men, from Ishbosheth and Abner, from Absalom, and the conspirators with him; so all believers are delivered out of the hands of their enemies by Christ, as that they can serve the Lord without fear; and so Christ himself is delivered from all his enemies, being raised from the dead, and set at the right hand of God, where he must reign till all enemies are put under his feet;

yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me; David was lifted up from a low and mean estate, and placed on the throne of Israel, above all those that rose up against him, and sought to destroy him; and the saints are set upon their high places in Christ, where they are out of the reach of their enemies to do them any harm; and Christ, he is highly exalted at the right hand of God, above all principality and power, might and dominion, and every name that is named in this world;

thou hast delivered me from the violent man; either from Saul, from whom David was delivered; or from Satan the enemy, the son of wickedness, who shall no more exact upon and afflict the Messiah, Psa_89:21. The Chaldee paraphrase says, from Gog; as the saints will be delivered from antichrist, the man of sin, and son of perdition, who will be destroyed with the breath of Christ's mouth.

Though we may be in difficulties or distresses, our Lord reigns on high and nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. Though we may be pursued and suffer for the sake of Christ on this side of glory, HE still reigns and will reward us if we faint not. Be diligent my brethren to keep thyself in HIS word, to walk worthy of HIS calling, making your election sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment