Thursday, January 12, 2012

Meaning of Marriage (Quote)

"Within this Christian vision for marriage, here's what it means to fall in love. It is to look to another person and get a glimpse of the person God is creating and say, 'I see who God is making you, and it excites me! I want to be part of that. I stand to partner with you and God in the journey you are taking to his throne. And when we get there, I will look at your magnificence and say, "I always knew you could be like this. I got glimpses of it on earth, but now look at you! Each spouse should see the great thing that Jesus is doing in the life of their mate through the Word, the gospel. Each spouse then should give him- or herself to be a vehicle for that work and envision the day that you will stand together before God, seeing each other presented in spotless beauty and glory." -Keller, "The Meaning of Marriage"

This was a quote I saw on several FB walls....and thought it quite appropriate and inspiring.  May Father bless those who are married with this sentiment and thought of their partner.  If single, may He bless you with a future mate that you can say/think this about. ~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment