Monday, January 2, 2012

Read Through the Bible

Hmm...that title looks vaguely familiar...I know, it's a repeat from last year.  My, my how time seems to fly!  It is now the new Roman year of 2012.

Have you made a commitment to spend more time in the Word?  If you have not prayed about it, please do!  If you are not spending any time, try 5 minutes, if already doing 5, double it!

Ten minutes?  Try for 20! Find someone to encourage or to encourage you to be diligent and stay on mark.  If you are spending more than an hour a day!  Praise the Lord...send me a note and encourage me!

The more time you spend with the Sovereign God, the richer and deeper your relationship with Him.

Being a Christian does not mean ease and comfort, though at times He does bless us with those moments.  Dying to self is a very real admonition to those who are desiring to live and look like the Master.

The past 5 years I have used a Chronological Bible, but as the new year approached, I wrestled with a decision of what to do...I was not inclined to read through again chronologically - though that was an awesome journey!

If you would like to see the beginnings of that journey, you can visit the forum posting at Sovereign Grace Singles where I began my journaling journey.

This year I am using another plan...52 Weeks.  The link provides you with a printable PDF document.  If you prefer an online method, this LINK, provides a clickable Bible.

I had thought to use Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Meditations, but could not locate a book or site.  Then I tried My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, but the one I finally decided upon is from Ligonier Ministries (R.C. Sproul).

As time allows, I may use Chambers for evening and Sproul for morning.   Praying that all HIS saints will be blessed as they spend time in His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment