Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cast down, but not destroyed...

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. ~ 2 Corinthians 4:7-10


*~*~*~*~*~*

Dealing with some disappointments, thought I knew the direction the Lord was guiding, prayerful consideration, heard His no.  While I know that His no is good, it does not change the fact that I have to work through it, even if I knew the answer was no.  Some songs I have listened to previously that ministered to my soul when it was in distress/anguish. Time for reflection and prayer.


Be Still My Soul



Before the Morning




What Faith Can Do



Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6


Whatever You're Doing



Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  ~ Psalm 23:4


Mountain of God




Healing Rain


"Healing rain, I'm not afraid to be washed in Heaven's rain."

"Healing rain, it comes with fire, so let it fall and take us higher."

Blessings


Why? Because the trials and tribulations of this world make us press closer into Him. Make us desire to be with Him.  Give us the opportunity and the inclination to be more heavenly focused that earthly.

Lord, let all that You allow in my life, O Lord let it be a glorification of You in the way I respond and act.  Let my heart cry out to You, be wrapped up in You, be captivated by You and devotion to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment