Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 57-11

V From the Exodus to the Crossing into Canaan - 1462-1422 B.C. ~ cont.
(1462 - 982 480 years of 1 Kings 6:1)
D. From Kadesh-Barnea to crossing of Jordan ~ cont.
1. Prior to years of wandering ~ cont.
d. Generation cursed to die in wilderness - Numbers 14:25-40; Deuteronomy 1:34-40
e. Defeat at Hormah - Numbers 14:39-45; Deuteronomy 11:41-44
(1) Repentance too late - Deuteronomy 1:45-46
(2) Earliest psalm - Psalm 90:1-17
{possible location of Psalm 91}
f. Instructions
(1) Offerings - Numbers 15:1-31
(2) Separation - Numbers 15:37-41
g. Man stoned for work on Sabbath - Numbers 15:32-36
{pages 253-257}

And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.  (Numbers 14:33)

The children suffered wandering in the wilderness because of their fathers' unbelief.  This made me stop and think if my children have suffered because of my disobedience to the Lord.  I tend to very self focused and absorbed, not fully analyzing how my actions (or lack thereof at times) impacts others.  Very selfish.  I am no different than those Israelites who went out to spy the land, or the ones who believed the bad report.  My consolation is that the Holy Spirit dwells in me, giving me victory over my fleshly desires.  Constantly spurring me onward and upward into a more Christ-like mind set and behavior.  Repenting and confessing to Him and seeking His healing and guiding hand.

Even those men that did bring up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before the Lord.  (Numbers 14:37)

A lack of reverence for the Lord and His provision.  Guilty again.  I have seen in my new life with the Lord, His continual and unwavering devotion, guidance, provision and protection, yet I still doubt and question.  He has a perfect plan for my life, but because I am not privy to all HIS details and can not see the BIG picture, I tend to chafe at situation and circumstances which 'look' like they are NOT contributing to what I **think** the BIGGER picture is or should be.

I need to keep my eyes on Him, rather than the giants in the land, or the huge walls.  This is a verse I need to keep at the forefront of my mind:

Luk 9:23  And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

I can not follow that which I can not see, I can not see that which I have not studied, I can not study, unless I give time and attention to do so.  Lord, continue to purge the dross out of my life, help me to see myself as You do Father.  Give me a thirst and a hunger for Your word, to be continually washed in Your word.  Cleanse me and draw me ever closer and more intimate with You Lord.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the admonition to the same in my life.....a wonderful sister that constantly reminds me with her walk...pointing to our Lord and thus thrusting me back to the Lord and his ways.....his thoughts.....

    I can not follow that which I can not see, I can not see that which I have not studied, I can not study, unless I give time and attention to do so. Lord, continue to purge the dross out of my life, help me to see myself as You do Father. Give me a thirst and a hunger for Your word, to be continually washed in Your word. Cleanse me and draw me ever closer and more intimate with You Lord.

    ReplyDelete