Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47

V From the Exodus to the Crossing into Canaan - 1462-1422 B.C. ~ cont.
(1462 - 982 480 years of 1 Kings 6:1)
B. Time spent at Sinai (sometimes called Horeb) ~ cont.
23. Various offerings described ~ cont.
b. Meat offering - Leviticus 2:1-16; 6:14-23
c. Peace offering - Leviticus 3:1-34
d. Sin offering - Leviticus 4:1-35; 6:24-30
{pages 207-213}

I read this passage, truly I did, in fact I have read in numerous times, but fell into the 'zone out' and read trap.

As I typed the outline, and flipped through the pages, I realized, I had made no notes.  How could I read any portion of Scripture and NOT have something that caused me to dive deeper into the Word?

**sigh**

Excellent exhortation for me to be more diligent when reading through.  While the OT offerings are not something that those who are participating in the New Covenant need to perform, there is a significance to all that is written.  Christ is represented in the Word from beginning to end.

Had I been more diligent, I would have pulled out information regarding the different offerings and how Christ fulfilled them.  Not necessarily to share, for I am very convicted that what I write here, NOT be done as a perfunctory practice.  Only that which I have researched, studied and fills me so full, that this is the outlet to which I share.

I did do some brief (very brief) searching online for how Christ is represented in the offerings and the items required for each one, quite interesting.  Should Father move upon you to research further, I pray that you are bountifully blessed in what you learn.

Rom 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment