Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44

V From the Exodus to the Crossing into Canaan - 1462-1422 B.C. ~ cont.
(1462 - 982 480 years of 1 Kings 6:1)
B. Time spent at Sinai (sometimes called Horeb) ~ cont.
11. Instructions and duties prior to leaving wilderness of Sinai ~ cont.
i. Service of the Merarites - Numbers 4:29-33
j. Numbering the priests - Numbers 4:34-49
12. Tabernacle completed - Exodus 40:16-33
13. Aaron lights the lamps over against the candlestick - Numbers 8:1-4
14. Cloud covers Tabernacle - Exodus 40:34-35
15. Gifts and offerings brought to the Tabernacle - Numbers 7:1-88
{pages 193-199}

Intrigued when I read through these verses regarding the listing of the names.  This list is from Numbers 7.

  1. Judah
  2. Issachar
  3. Zebulun
  4. Reuben
  5. Simeon
  6. Gad
  7. Ephraim
  8. Manasseh
  9. Benjamin
10. Dan
11. Asher
12. Naphtali

This is from the first recorded list of names of the sons of Jacob in Genesis 29-30 for the first 11 sons, Genesis 35 for Benjamin.

  1. Reuben
  2. Simeon
  3. Levi
  4. Judah
  5. Dan
  6. Naphtali
  7. Gad
  8. Asher
  9. Isachaar
10. Zebulun
11. Joseph
12. Benjamin

In Genesis 46, they are listed thus:

  1. Reuben
  2. Simeon
  3. Levi
  4. Judah
  5. Issachar
  6. Zebulun
  7. Gad
  8. Asher
  9. Joseph
10. Benjamin
11. Dan
12. Naphtali

Okay, this list system is not working...I have an excel file which I made, but it does not copy in well.  In fact, it doesn't copy in at all...it jumbles everything.  Tried scanning, won't allow me to scan as a picture, tried taking a picture, appears to small.

Hmmmm...it was a pretty interesting review of the listing of the tribes of Jacob throughout Scripture.  I have a couple of days before posting this blog...perhaps I will find something before then.

TRIBES OF JACOB
Hahahahahahah - Thank you LORD you helped me work it out!  I realize when this posts the 'chart' falls off on the right side, but it is in there!  Yes!  And it is readable!

Whoo Hoo!  I know for anyone reading this post, they will think I am totally nuts.  However, this is a testimony of Father's faithfulness.  I have been praying and trying to work out a way to get a table inserted into this blog when I hit the first parallel passages.  Everything I had tried thus far, was to no avail.

The only time I was able to 'do' a side by side list, required that I sit and space it out...which is very time consuming.  Thank you Lord, You hear us even in the smallest of details.

There is obviously some significance as to why the names are in a different order each time.  My research has not produced anything of great value, though I did find a chart, similar to mine, but more detailed here, color coded and everything.  :-)

Lord, I don't know that this post is beneficial to anyone or not, but I am rejoicing in Your provision of helping me to learn to insert tables.  Nor have I learned why the names are in various orders, why Reuben is sometimes first, then Judah, why You sometimes drop one tribe.  Father, help me to always desire to study and know You more intimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment