Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Days 253-254 ~ 2010



Originally posted in a forum in 2010 - this post may contain links which are no longer valid, if you find a non-working link, please let me know and I will attempt to find a replacement or make a correction as necessary.

Days 253-254

Attitude adjustment time...I read day 253...and then thought, what is there to share? Just a list of names. "Just"...how sad. I remember the 2nd year reading through, about to hit Kings and Chronicles with lists of names and praying, O' Lord, please help me to get through these. Do you think I remembered HIS exhortation then as I pondered the list of names? Father, in HIS divine nature, inspired these lists and I want to grumble? He thought it worthwhile and beneficial to record the names of those who were going back into the land. O' sinful woman that I am...Lord, forgive me for not giving due diligence and reverence to every jot and tittle in Your Word.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Remnant returns (49,897 including Zerubbabel) - People - 536 B.C. - Ezra 2:1-70; Nehemiah 7:5-72
Priests - Nehemiah 12:1-26

Altar re-established - Ezra 3:1-7; Psalm 87

Work begins, foundations laid - Ezra 3:8-13; Psalm 84; 107; 66

~*~*~*~*~*~

Psalm 84:2 - My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

~ Does it? Really? Truly? Do I have a fervent desire to please HIM? How much do I long and faint for HIS courts? To desire to be in HIS presence?

~ Longeth - H3700 - A primitive root; properly to become pale, that is, (by implication) to pine after; also to fear: - [have] desire, be greedy, long, sore.

~ Fainteth - H3615 - A primitive root; to end, whether intransitively (to cease, be finished, perish) or transitively (to complete, prepare, consume):

Psalm 84:10 - For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

Psalm 84:12 - O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

~ Trust - H982 - A primitive root; properly to hie for refuge (but not so precipitately as H2620); figuratively to trust, be confident or sure: - H2620 -A primitive root; to flee for protection (compare H982); figuratively to confide in:

~ Do I truly trust HIM? With everything? Even if life does not 'appear' to be going the way I want? Lord, help me to trust You implicitly, to work out Your good will and pleasure in my life. To be wholly surrendered to You in every area of my life.

Psalm 107 verses 8, 15, 21 and 31 - Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

~ I thought it interesting that this verse was repeated several times. How oft do we praise Him? Do I really long for Him?

~*~*Better is one day in your courts - ~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment