Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 63-11

V From the Exodus to the Crossing into Canaan - 1462-1422 B.C. ~ cont.
(1462 - 982 480 years of 1 Kings 6:1)
D. From Kadesh-Barnea to crossing of Jordan ~ cont.
5. Settling down in plains of Moab, east of Jordan ~ cont.
g. Diverse laws given or reviewed ~ cont.
(2) Passover (Apr 14-21) - Numbers 28:1-31
(3) Feast of Trumpets and Tabernacles (Oct) - Numbers 29:1-40
(4) Laws about vows - Numbers 30:1-16
{pages 279-283}

Passover ~ Feast of Trumpets ~ Tabernacles


The above graphic taken from the Seven Feasts of Israel.

Every time I come across one of the Feasts (usually Passover), I review and study, research and pray, seek and ask.  :-D

I will eventually get to where I am going, which is to know, with certainty whether or not participating in the Feasts is honoring to Him.  If they are an ongoing memorialization of the work of Jesus Christ which the Bride is and/or should recognize.

I particularly liked this article by Awareness Ministry about Why Christians Celebrate Biblical Memorial Days.

I have browsed other sites and while the list below is in no way exhaustive, gives those who want to research a few avenues of exploration.  Some are for, some against...some middle of the ground.  I have read some of the articles in their entirety, browsed others, hopped, skipped and jumped around on some of the other pages.

Praying that those who are seeking to know more about the Feasts of the Lord will find HIS answers in and through their search.  Blessings!

In no particular order, my 'offerings':

Focus on Jerusalem

How did Jesus fulfill the meanings of the Jewish Feasts?

3 Feasts of Israel

Should New Testament Christians Keep the Passover?

Should Christians Keep the Passover (this one is brief)

Why don't Christians celebrate Passover (without the lamb sacrifice because Jesus did it once and for all) like the Messianic Jews do?  (I briefly) skimmed through this one...seems more of a forum posting site.

Why I Keep the Biblical Feasts - I liked this one, as it gives the person's perspective on why they are holding their position/practice.

Why Should You and I Keep the Feast Days? - another person position.

Are Christians required to observe the feasts of the Old Testament?

I will note, some of the articles focus on either Israel or Jewish feasts.  However, Scripture (and some of the articles) substantiate that God calls them MY feasts.  They are HIS, to this I would hardily agree.

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.  (Leviticus 23:2)

and

Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.   (2 Chronicles 2:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment