Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 64-11

V From the Exodus to the Crossing into Canaan - 1462-1422 B.C. ~ cont.
(1462 - 982 480 years of 1 Kings 6:1)
D. From Kadesh-Barnea to crossing of Jordan ~ cont.
5. Settling down in plains of Moab, east of Jordan ~ cont.
h.  Midianites slain - Numbers 31:1-54
{pages 283-286}

And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.  (Numbers 31:8)

The riches he so coveted ended up where?  Which made me stop and think, is there anything in my life that I am coveting, willing to compromise the Word of God to attain?  Have I, in an effort to have my own way, caused the name of God to be blasphemed?

And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.  (Numbers 31:9)

Uh, hello?  You just lost 24,000 people because of sinning with these women and you want to keep them?  How thick is that?  Honestly, I look at the Israelites sometimes and I wonder how they could be so dense.  God preserves, protects and provides and they still don't get it?  40 years of HIS faithfulness and they are still murmuring, complaining, whining and having major flesh flashes of wanting their own way?

Hmmm...a mirror...ugh!  Is that me?  How oft am I guilty of the same?  How often, when I am not getting what I want, when I want, trying to do an end run around Father?  Lamenting because (stomp foot) I want it NOW!  Thankless for ALL that HE has done.  All of HIS provision, protection and preserving me in and through this life and I disdain it?  It may not obviously to those around me...but HE knows.  He hears.  Not that we can not pour out our petitions to HIM, but I really need to practice an attitude of gratitude.

Which reminded me of a song by Phil Keaggy that a  fellow saint shared:

Disappointment - His appointment,
Change one letter, then I see
That the thwarting of my purpose
Is God's better choice for me.

His appointment must be blessing
Though it may come in disguise
For the end from the beginning,
Open to His wisdom lies.

Disappointment - His appointment
Whose? The Lord's who loves best.
Understands and knows me fully,
Who my faith and love would test.

For like loving, earthy parent
He rejoices when He knows
That His child accepts unquestioned
All that from His wisdom flows.

Disappointment - His appointment
No good thing will he withhold
From denials oft we gather
Treasures from His love untold.

Well, He knows each broken purpose
Leads to fuller deeper trust
And the end of all His dealings
Proves our God is wise and just.

Disappointment - His appointment
Lord I take it then as such,
Like the clay in hands of potter
Yielding wholly to Thy touch

All my life's plan is Thy molding
Not one single choice be mine
Let me answer unrepining,
Father not my will but Thine.

May Father richly bless each of us as we seek to continually bow our knees and will to HIS.  Grasping HIS continual grace and blessing in and through the difficult times, situations, circumstances in our lives.  Lord, let me will be wholly surrendered to You in all matters.  Father, help me to give a proper estimate of You in every area of my life.  Help me Lord to practice an attitude of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment