Friday, October 8, 2010

Proverbs 31 Woman - Who Is She

I asked a friend to review my blog.  Her comment, caused me to pause and think about who is the Proverbs 31 Woman.  Is she single?  Married?


I had a multitude of thoughts catapult through my mind.  I'm single.  I want to be a Proverbs 31 Woman.  What if I never marry?  How can this study help me in raising my sons?  Will it be of benefit to other women? If I have no physical husband, can I still be 'her?'

I would say yes, because HE is my Heavenly Husband.  My creator and maker.  He gives me the breath I breathe.  The desire to be a woman after His own heart.  To be a keeper at home.

Verse 11 states that she is married - 'her husband doeth safely trust in her...' 
Mama's aadmonition to her son begins verse 1 and verse 11 picks up with the instruction on what to look for...so as a single woman, what are my goals?  As a mother of sons, how should I be instructing them?

A godly woman who desires to be a wife, has criteria she should be looking for, just as a man does (should).  Taking the time to analyze his attributes helps me to know what I am looking for in a husband (Lord willing) and also, to guide and direct my sons.

A note of encouragement - this is a mature woman - but the seeds which are blooming in her life started when she was young.  This does not mean those of us who were raised with a feminist mindset/education need despair.

If Father has placed that desire within your heart - be encouraged!  Glorify HIM for placing a desire to honor and glorify Him with your womanhood.
I can still be a woman who has the attributes of the Proverbs woman with or without a physical husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment