Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 296

Perean Ministry, cont.
2. From the Feast to his withdrawl, cont.
- Talks to the disciples (D-14)
    *God's care - Luke 12:1-12
    *Parable of the rich fool (P-12) - Luke 12:13-21
    *Trust in God's providence - Luke 12:22-34
    *Parable of watchful servants - Luke 12:35-48
    *Christ to cause division, chides for failure to interpret signs - Luke 12:49:59
- Galileans are slain by Pilate - Luke 13:1-5
- Parable of barren fig tree (P-13) - Luke 13:6-9
- Jesus heals woman on Sabbath - Luke 13:10-17
- Various parables and discourses
    *Kingdom likened to mustard seed - Luke 13:18-21
    *Question asked whether few are saved - Luke 13:22-30
    *Reply to Herod's threat - Luke 13:31-35

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Luke 13:34 - '...as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings...'


Now that I have raised chickens and watched a mother hen, this portion of scripture has more meaning to me.


This makes me think of how Father uses examples like this, and other scriptures to remind us of HIS desire to protect and provide for us.


Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 


Psa 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 


Psa 17:8  Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,


Psa 61:3  For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.


Psa 91:4  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.



Psa 61:4  I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings.

Thank you Lord that you are a shield and buckler to Your people.  That in You we have refuge to help in time of need.  Help us Lord to ever seek YOU and YOUR guidance in times of trouble, trials and tribulations.  Help us Lord to remember that only by YOUR sovereign grace are situations and circumstances allowed to happen in our lives to purify and draw us ever closer to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment