Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24 - 2010


Originally posted in a forum in 2010 - this post may contain links which are no longer valid, if you find a non-working link, please let me know and I will attempt to find a replacement or make a correction as necessary.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Day 24 ~ Birth of Hezron (courtyard) ~ Jacob journeys to Egypt after receiving assurance from God at Beer-sheba ~ 70 souls into Egypt (Israel goes in as a clan/tribe, comes out a nation) ~ Egyptians give all, including their selves for food ~ Jacob blesses Manasseh and Ephraim.

I have always enjoyed Jacob's response to Pharaoh's question, "How old art thou?" Jacob's response, "The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the day of their pilgrimage."

Few and evil. This from Jacob who had suffered not being his father's favorite - swindled his brother, defrauded his father, ran for his life, deceived by Laban, wrestled with an angel, feared being destroyed because his son's got revenge for their sister, lost the wife he loved, lost the son (so he thought) to wild animals, lost a son to imprisonment, found his sons, desired to be buried beside the chosen wife and learned to trust God in all things.

Few and evil. O' that my heart and lips would speak forth the same assurance. May I continually say of my God, He is good and it is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment