Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25

II The Age of The Patriarchs - 1967-1606 B.C. ~ cont.
E. Joseph ~ cont.
9. Joseph reunited with kin ~ cont.
b. Provides family with food ~ cont. 43:1-34; 44:1-34
c. Reveals himself to brethren - Genesis 45:1-15
d. Jacob hears news and prepares to travel - Genesis 45:16-28

Judah - the tribe of our Lord and Savior - the substitutionary.

Gen 44:31  It shall come to pass, when he seeth that the lad is not with us, that he will die: and thy servants shall bring down the gray hairs of thy servant our father with sorrow to the grave.

Gen 44:32  For thy servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto thee, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever.

Gen 44:33  Now therefore, I pray thee, let thy servant abide instead of the lad a bondman to my lord; and let the lad go up with his brethren.

Gen 44:34  For how shall I go up to my father, and the lad be not with me? lest peradventure I see the evil that shall come on my father.

These verses always cause me to pause and wonder what I have my fist clenched around, refusing to trust Father in and through every circumstance.  Jacob had a 'tight' hold on Benjamin, but was forced, by God, to let go and trust.  What an appropriate lesson for all of us...take a moment and consider what or who you may be holding on to, refusing to release to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment