Monday, October 15, 2012

Numbers 21-24

I have continued to read through the Bible...using a different system this year, 52 Weeks.  I am currently on week 38...I may be off a day or two, but by HIS grace continue to be diligent.

Some observations:

Numbers 21: People murmuring (again! - how oft do I do that against the Lord?) and He sent fiery serpents to bite and many died.

The people asked for the serpents to be removed...God chose not to remove the 'trial' instead having Moses to make a serpent of bronze (which later became a snare for the people - 2Ki_18:4  He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.) which the people were to look upon if they were bitten.

I enjoyed this reminder of how God does not remove the trials and tribulations of this world from our lives; rather HE gives us someone (Christ Jesus) to look upon to sustain, guide, protect and provide for us.

Joh_16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 

Act_14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. 

1Th_3:4  For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know. 

Numbers 22: Balaam - heard from God, told the first messengers to depart, but not why.  Curious as to if he was not supposed to say what God said, only to the King Balak or if he was in disobedience.

Makes me ponder upon what I say...am I saying what the Lord wants me to say?  Even more, am I thinking what the Lord wants me to think upon.  He tells me to meditate upon His Word.

Numbers 24: Balak echos Satan: "I thought to promote thee unto great honor; but lo, the Lord hath kept thee back from honour."

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 

Where in my life am I allowing doubts or false allegations against the character of God to take hold, possibly rooting themselves and uprooting joy in my Lord?

Following my own thoughts and/or inclinations due to fearing His hand and goodness towards me?

O' Lord, let not us, Your people, be deceived or defrauded, either by outside or internal deceptions.  Cause us to faithfully apply Your Word to all our situations and circumstances knowing that You who have begun a good work in us will bring it to completion.  That You withhold no good thing from those who follow You.

May Your Bride arise from our lethargy and preoccupation with the world and its trinkets and be focused upon You and Your great commission.  Strengthen us O' Father for the days ahead and cause us to walk in holiness, radiating You and Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment